Currently we are searching for a Safety Officer for Durban, South Africa.
Responsibilities of this Post:
- Participate in required safety related activities.
- Review of contractor SHE Plan, task specific risk assessments, mini risk assessments.
- Comply within the responsibilities as a safety officer in all safety related matters.
- Assist SHEQ Manager with requests as deemed necessary.
- Ensure the implementation with the Company System Procedures for Health and Safety.
- Perform monthly inspections of office area housekeeping and laydown areas.
- Ensure HSE meetings are held on a daily basis at the work area and the results recorded.
- Daily feedback to Manager regarding inspections deviations.
- Perform daily inspection on site.
- Conduct SHE compliance audits.
Requirements of this Post
- Diploma in occupational safety, environmental, health, quality or a related field.
- Three years experience in the similar role.
- Being able to work alone or with a team, having good communication abilities.
- Be able to meet deadlines, be accurate and patient, have problem solving abilities.
- Being able to work under pressure, comply with Client requirements regulations, compiling project based HSE files.