Currently we are searching for a Procurement Officer for Durban, South Africa.
Responsibilities of this Post:
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
Requirements of this Post:
- Degree/diploma in supply chain management preferred
- 3-5 YEARS Proven work experience in procurement.
- Experienced in sourcing and procurement techniques.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.