Currently we are searching for an IT Support Technician for Durban, South Africa.
Responsibilities of this Post:
- Setting up/maintaining new laptops/desktops/servers.
- Trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Management of cloud-based antivirus application.
- On-site and remote desktop support.
- Maintaining LAN & WAN infrastructure.
- Monitoring of patch applications.
- Setting up and maintaining email accounts, Sequel & Windows users.
- Maintaining an IT Asset register.
- Liaise with external ISP for Network Vulnerability protection.
- Assisting IT Manager with Budget and Forecast requirements.
- Attend meeting to represent the IT Department as required.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
Requirements of this Post:
- Matric (Grade 12).
- Relevant IT tertiary qualification.
- At least three years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Server and Client installation and Maintenance.
- Knowledge of databases and programming skills advantageous.
- Problem-solving and attention to detail skills.
- Organizational and team abilities.