Currently we are searching for a Document controller for Durban, South Africa.
Responsibilities of this Post:
- Assist with development and implementation of document management processes for projects.
- Act as the main point of contact for document control.
- Lead or provide support as required in relation to development and management of project documents both from and for handover to clients.
- Ensure client / project documents are kept up to date and only the most recent version is accessible.
- Control and distribute company, client, sub-contractor and project documentation, drawings, comments and technical queries.
- Ensure quality checks for documentation are carried out as required.
- Establish and maintain project master document registers, technical query registers, and fabrication record indices and data books.
- Manage the company’s documentation archive facility.
- Liaise with Project Managers, departmental managers and senior management in relation to risk management for document control issues
- Delivery education and training in relation to document control as needed.
Requirements of this Post:
- Proven knowledge of information lifecycle and data flow requirements on an engineering and construction project.
- Excellent planning ability
- Excellent time and deadline management.
- Excellent documenting and reporting skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Proven work process mapping and development
- Ability to learn quickly and work well with minimal supervision.