Currently we are searching for a Desktop support Engineer for Johannesburg, South Africa.
Responsibilities of this Post:
- Monitor computer hardware performance and diagnose system issues.
- Set up new configurations for computers including OS image deployment.
- Upgrade computers through the addition of new hardware, such as additional RAM or a new disk drive.
- Replace worn or defective parts and clean computer hardware according to manufacturers specifications.
- Install, configure and upgrade software applications including rollout project.
- Perform testing of equipment that has been repaired, prior to returning the equipment to the user.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software application and OS related problems.
- Identify, prioritize and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests tickets while thoroughly documenting actions and resolutions.
- Perform system health check and mitigation to meet software and security standards including encryption, patching and backup.
Requirements of this Post:
- A+ certification or equivalent years of experience.
- Advanced technical skills in installation and troubleshooting of relevant software and hardware.
- Extensive experience of supporting Office 365.
- Knowledge and experience of customer IT service delivery, ticketing and knowledge-based systems.
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach in working within a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communications.